It’s best to plan your summer vacation in the Algarve as soon as possible, so to get your attention, we’d like to talk about the Best 5 Beaches in Albufeira, one of the finest seaside resorts in southern Portugal.
1. Praia da Falesia is one of the best beaches in Albufeira. You will stop your Albufeira rental car (or else the Albufeira transfer can drop you off) at the cliff top, where you can have a panoramic view over the ochre cliffs, white sand and cerulean waves below. The strip of sand, the actual beach, measures over 3 kilometers in length, so you can find your own stretch of sand with a bit of room to spare. What is amazing about this beach is that it displays a fantastic flora, so botanists will go crazy photographing it here!
2. Praia da Marinha lies halfway between Albufeira and Carvoeiro, so you can drop by any of these cities for a day of shopping or sightseeing after sunbathing on the sand of one of Algarve’s most photographed beaches! A boat trip is also available, so you can admire not only the coast, but also its surroundings.
3. Gale is remarkable due to its amazing rocks, the positioning of some creating pools with shallow waters where kids can play. No wonder Gale Beach is popular among families.
4. Salgados Beach is renowned among golf lovers, being also located close to the Salgados Golf Course. It is an extension of the Silves Grande Beach and it provides a restaurant a several options, including facilities for disabled people.
5. Last but certainly not least, the Beach of Evaristo in Albufeira is a fascinating maze of paths which lead up to some dramatic cliffs. These in turn offer the best views over the seashore of this part of the Algarve.