Traveling to the Algarve for the first time is like returning home after a long time away, because the warm people and the sunny weather will make you remember there is joy in a place that boasts more than 300 days of sunshine. The choice of a destination at the Portuguese seaside, however, is a tough one, so we were thinking we’d make it a tad easier today and give you 5 Reasons why you should visit Albufeira.
1. The beaches are counted among the main attractions in town, some of them being among the best in Europe. Falesia, Praia dos Pescadores and Olhos d’Agua Beach are popular choices for tourists from Portugal and from abroad. There are 25 beaches in total around the coastline.
2. With its picturesque style and whitewashed buildings, Albufeira has an air of peace, beauty and authenticity that is hard to match. There are 16th-century churches to visit and the Old Town charm to sample while taking a stroll along the cobblestone streets.
3. The transportation choice is quite varied. There is public transport, of course, and the network is considerable, but we would suggest going for a private option, such as renting a car in Albufeira or booking an Albufeira transfer online.
2. The town is close to the great Portuguese maritime hub, Lagos. Lagos is an emblematic place in the glorious Age of Discoveries history of Portugal. Henry the Navigator’s name is linked to the city that still preserves relics from its proud colonial past. Albufeira is just about an hour’s drive from Lagos.
1. You can visit Zoomarine Algarve here, a beautiful waterpark slash mini zoo where you can admire the playful dolphins, get water rides and enjoy great food and entertainment for the entire family or group of friends.
What do you think? Would you like to pay a visit to this holiday location?